Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I Stamped Something!

Shock! Amazement! Fun!


I actually made time to stamp something. It's been killing me to be so busy lately that I haven't had time to play with all my new goodies more.

I made (ok, I heated up) some soup the other day and couldn't bear to toss out the can. I washed it up and wrapped some Riding Hood Red cardstock around it. I added a strip of Bella Rose DSP and some strips of Kiwi Kiss that I punched with my scallop edge punch (SO EASY). I was able to maneuver my cropodile over the edge of the can and punch a hole to tie the ribbon through. Don't you love that new Riding Hood Red tafetta ribbon!

The stamped tag uses the new Say it with Scallops set. It's the Ronald McDonald set for this year and $2 from the sale of each set goes to the Ronald McDonald houses. A lovely set and a lovely charity.

In keeping with the Bella Rose theme, I'll also share a project I just LOVE. You know how you stamp stuff and sometimes you like it ok, sometimes it's pretty good, and sometimes you just sit back and say "WOW! I LOVE that" Well... "WOW! I love this!"



The flower is from the Sending Happy Thoughts Simply Sent Kit (one of my favorite 'sets' and it will be on sale in early October - stay tuned).


Inside is the best part. I cut a 2"x 3" piece of all of our 48 colors (+ the 6 fabulous new in-colors). You can take them out and mix and match them and choose colors for your projects that look great together.


I made these for my lovely "Daytimers" club. They've been with me for a long long time and I so appreciate their loyalty and friendship. I prepped the "guts" and they made them at our club meeting.




Oooh and guess what? If you put a corner of your cardstock through the center of your 1" circle punch, it rounds the corners to fit the altoids tin perfectly. Cool huh? I love it when things work out nicely like that.


No comments: