Monday, June 18, 2007

New Stamps!

Woot. As a demonstrator I can pre-order a limited selection of the new catalog goodies. Mr. Brown brought my box the other day and I finally had a chance to play. I only have 2 of the new in-colors (yet), but love them.

I chose the Year After Year set because it seems so versatile. This card is made with 2 of the new colors Groovy Guava and Wild Wasabi. Don't they look great together? Wasabi coordinates well with Garden Green too. I used the Linen background stamp on the Guava card (Guava ink) for a textured effect. The flowers were colored with the ink from the stamp pad lid and my handy dandy blender pen. I used a dab of Really Rust marker in the center of the flowers.











This one uses Rose Red and Regal Rose. I stamped the heart with Basic Black and then used a sponge dauber inked with the Rose Red to burnish the color into the heart. Burnishing is just rubbing fairly hard in a circular motion. Other sets used were Itty Bitty Backgrounds (a gotta have set) and words from the new greeting set, Holidays & Wishes. Other greetings in that set include: Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, from the heart, and sweet little one.
I can't wait to stamp more with this set, but sadly my stamp desk is piled with "stuff". We just had the carpets cleaned this weekend and today must be spent putting the "stuff" back. I have my sweet ladies over tomorrow. We are making a really cute little project I will share after they make it. It's a little all-about-me scrapbook with a chipboard flower that I'm very excited about.

No comments: