Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The New catalog has arrived!

Well, I'm back from my Colorado trip just in time to play with my new Stampin' Up! goodies. I'm trying to schedule my New Catalog Kick-off party, so stay tuned for that (possibly the weekend of the 17th/18th). If you can't wait till then to see your new catalog, you can view it online here: http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/inklaura and click the SHOP NOW button.

One of my favorite new sets from the new catalog is the big Medallion (think background stamp sized). It's so beautiful. The first sample is one I adapted from a card by Jackie Bolhuis. I used one of the NEW In-Colors, Rich Razzleberry. It's such a deep and delicious. I'll try to feature a card in a new in-color in each post (and I hope to post more often). This card also uses a new greeting set, Teeny Tiny Wishes and a new punch!




The next 2 cards are my own creations. I stamped the gorgeous medallion in versamark ink on Whisper White CS. Then I dug out my old friends - my stampin' pastels. I haven't used them in ages. Using a cotton swab (the cheapo ones seem to work better than real Q-tips), I added color to the versamark ink. This technique is called Poppin Pastels.

In the first one I used: Eggplant and Apricot. In the second one (my favorite one!) I used: Taken with teal, turquoise, grey, and a bit of green galore. So simple and FUN to do.

No comments: