Thursday, July 9, 2009

Falling Leaves

Now I know these are NOT my colors, but I'm sort of a traditionalist. I have a hard time making leaves pink or blue or whatever. (And at the same time, those of you who know me know that I don't make flowers GREEN OR BROWN either).

Anyway... I needed a new set for fall and this one fit the bill. It's called Falling leaves. It has 5 assorted leaves, 3 thanksgivingy sayings, and one cute little medallion thing with an acorn and happy thanksgiving surrounding it. I haven't used that one yet, but will soon. The set is $21.95 (p 27 of the new catalog).

Card 1 uses Garden Green (my favorite green), More Mustard and Close to Cocoa. It's hard to see in this picture, but I've used the new texture Jumbo wheel on the Mustard. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this new wheel. The circles are popped up with a dimensional. I like this card despite the fall colors - it's clean and simple. Just my style.

The second card uses Old Olive (NOT my favorite color) with Creamy Caramel and Cocoa. I used the texture wheel on the Caramel and the Vanilla CS in this one. I just ordered the 5/8" brads. I really love them. How awesome would they be in the middle of a flower image? Not the brown brads of course. Except for maybe sunflowers. Otherwise, no brown in the flowers.

No comments: