Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Quilted DSP Card

As you may know, I am a quilter. Or at least I used to be before my life got so crazy. Right now the only thing I'm using my fancy schmancy sewing machine. for is sewing merit badges on a sash and flags for the band. I'm determined to get back to quilting soon though. In the meantime, I thought I'd quilt up some cards - the easy way.

I got the following card as a swap at convention in August (convention was FABULOUS by the way, as usual.) It was made by a demonstrator named June Dunn from KY. Thanks June. We had to look really close and touch and feel the card to see if she really sewed all those little Xs. She didn't but it sure looks like it. She used the fine tip of the marker and just freehanded them. They really look sewn. And the really cool thing is that she used one of our new in-colors (Rich Razzleberry). In the past we didn't have markers for our trendy in colors but this year we do. WOOT!



I played around with the idea and came up with my own quilted card. My daytime stamp club made it a few weeks ago. I used the Cottage Wall DSP (designer series paper). I used the new in-color polka dotted ribbon as an accent, but turned it so the back side is showing so it would be solid instead. The greeting is from Thoughts and Prayers set - punched with the large oval and popped up with dimensionals.
Card dimensions: DSP squares 1 1/4" x 1 1/4", inner layer 4"x5 1/4", card 4 1/4"x5 1/2".

This is a fun way to use up all those little squares of DSP you have left over but can't bear to throw away.

No comments: