Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Teenager time

How can my baby boy already be a teenager? It seems like he was crawling just yesterday. Time has gone so fast.

Friday he turned 13 and he was thrilled that the new Star Wars movie opened on his birthday. He invited his cousins and a few friends and we al went off to see the movie. We all loved it (except for Daddy who slept through it, and Emma who never likes any movie).

Matthew had his heart set on a Star Wars cake of some sort. I used a clone trooper mask as my guide and came up with this one. It was a real challenge since he wanted a chocolate cake. Have you ever carved a chocolate cake into a custom shape then tried to ice it? Chocolate Crumb City.

So it's not quite Ace-of-Cakes quality, but it thrilled my Matthew so all is good. (Plus it tasted yummy too - homemade buttercream icing is one of my favorite things.)

One of his gifts was a new phone and we went yesterday and signed our new contract and got a new set of phones (Emma got one too). The kids are beside themselves with excitement. They are texting like crazy already. But my new phone is the best one - VX6900 (HTC Touch). It's got it all: Windows mobile, touch screen, full internet access... most excellent.

In stamping news, I GOT MY ORDER!

I only barely had time to unpack it yesterday, but I'm anxious to play with it all today and will have some samples to share soon. I do know that just from playing with some scratch paper, that I'm going to LOVE LOVE LOVE the Big Shot die cutter. I definitely need to start saving my pennies for more dies.

No comments: